There are four main channels of psychic communication: clairvoyance, clairaudience, claircognizance and clairsentience. Everyone has some level of ability in each of these areas, but much like the physical senses, some psychic senses are stronger than others.
Recognizing how information comes through each of these channels enables you to recognize when spirit guides and angels are sending messages. Then you can acknowledge and accept the guidance, and, most importantly, act on it.
Psychic Communication Using Clairvoyance
Clairvoyance refers to psychic vision. The word means “clear seeing,” and this is the form of psychic communication most people think of when they think of psychic ability. If you are predominantly
clairvoyant, you should watch for visual cues from angels and guides, such as the following:
- Seeing clouds in the form of angels
- Seeing small twinkling lights or colors around a person
- Receiving images in the mind’s eye during meditation
- Dreams that are particularly vivid or profound
- Seeing images or viewing scenes as though from a movie, mentally or outside of the mind’s eye
- Finding white feathers or coins in odd places
- Seeing orbs or having orbs appear in photos (physical causes should first be ruled out)
It’s not necessary for the images to be clear and distinct. Sometimes, you will get only an “impression” in your mind’s eye. That still counts.
Psychic Communication Using Clairaudience
Clairaudience refers to psychic hearing. The word means “clear hearing.” If you are predominantly clairaudient, you should pay attention to audio from spirit guides and angels, as in the following
- Hearing your name called or other words in the mind’s ear or out loud
- Experiencing a buzzing or ringing in the ear that has no discernible physical cause; this is guides or angels downloading messages (rule out physical causes, such as a vitamin B12 deficiency, before concluding it is guides)
- Hearing songs repeatedly or coincidentally
- Hearing angelic music that seems to have no physical source
- Overhearing conversations that are synchronistic
If you are thinking about a song, or have it stuck in your head as an “earworm,” then consider its significance. It might be a message. Clairaudient messages from your guides and angels will always be positive and beneficial to all. They are not harmful or toxic, and clairaudience is not a mental illness.
Psychic Communication Using Claircognizance
Claircognizance means “clear knowing,” and people who are claircognizant will know things that they perhaps might think are common sense or common knowledge, but are not. The clues that indicate you may be receiving claircognizant messages from angels and guides include:
- Knowing a lot of things without knowing how you learned them
- Others accuse you of being a know-it-all
- Getting sudden insights or ideas without a train of thought that precedes it
- Knowing personal information about someone without that person having shared the information
- Premonitions regarding outcomes of events or flashes of knowing about random events
- Suddenly knowing the location of a missing object
- Repetitive information or ideas that help in positive ways
With Claircognizance, it can be difficult at first to distinguish whether what just popped into your head is a claircognizant message or your own thought. With practice, you will be able to tell the difference. I find that claircognizant messages have a neutral feel to them. They tend to be presented in the second or third person, present or future tense. They have no emotional charge when they are delivered, though the message can make you feel emotional after you receive it.
Psychic Communication Using Clairsentience
Clairsentience is “clear feeling.” This refers to what many call hunches or gut instincts. People who are clairsentient can sometimes even feel what others are feeling. Clairsentients are sensitive
to energy and can feel air pressure changes around them that indicate spirit presence.
Indications that you are clairsentient include:
- Smelling cigarette or pipe smoke when no one is smoking (it may remind you of a departed loved one and indicate that person’s spirit presence in the room)
- Smelling flowers where there aren’t any around can indicate the presence of departed loved ones, spirit guides, or angels (the smell of roses is associated with angelic beings)
- The sense of someone next to you, which may include feeling like someone has touched you
- Feeling dizzy or nauseated without any physical cause, or feeling pressure changes or temperature changes
- Feeling the energy from crystals or from objects you touch or hold
Clairsentience can make the hair stand up on the back of your neck when there is a presence around you. When it’s your guides or angels around, it’ll feel like a loving, comforting presence. In my experience, the nauseated feeling usually appears if I’ve entered a room where someone has passed from an illness. Experience will tell you if this is the case for you.
It can be difficult to interpret some of the signs that one gets, so it is perfectly okay to ask the angels or guides for clarification. Each mode of communication has its own unique challenges that are overcome with practice and experience.
Regardless which of the four channels of communication is the strongest for you, you should always be aware of the other forms. People receive messages through every type of psychic sense; much would be missed if only one sense became the sole focus. After all, you wouldn’t limit yourself to only one of your physical senses.
Chasity e ijames, Image: Peaceful Prayer
Virtue, Doreen PhD Divine prescriptions: Using Your Sixth SenseSpiritual Solutions for You and Your Loved Ones, New York: St. Martin’s Griffin, 2000.
Virtue, Doreen. How to Hear Your Angels, California: Hay House Inc., 2007.
Disclaimer: The information on this website is not intended to substitute advice from your physician or health-care professional. Before beginning any health or diet program, consult your physician.